My son Willem and I will be on our way shortly, venturing to north central Nekoosa, Wisconsin to enjoy opening day at Sand Valley. The course kicks off another Keiser family development in a huge sand pit. The others include Bandon Dunes, Cabot Links & Cliffs, and Barnbougle Dunes/Lost Farm. This trip has been in the works for about 9 months and we could not be more excited. I have journeyed to Bandon six times / Will twice and we have plans to play both Cabot courses this July. Not sure when we will make it to Tasmania.
- Monday 1 May – drive 543 miles from Grosse Pointe Farms, MI to Nekoosa, WI.
- Stay in the Fairway Lodge, two queen beds (pic below)
- 9 AM tee time on opening day 2 May, which comes 18 years to the day since the original course at Bandon Dunes opened.
- 2 PM – 4 PM spend down our savings in the pro shop
- 4 PM – 2 AM Wednesday morning make the long drive home